A Better Lunchbox – Week Six, October 2010
- Cheese quesadillas – organic tortilla 1/2 filled with organic Mexican cheese mix, folded over then cooked with a tiny bit of olive oil in a skillet to melt cheese and brown tortilla
- Edamame – Organic frozen edamame, steamed and very lightly salted
- Blueberries – organic, Sofie picked these at the farm store we visited the Friday before
Consumption: She ate all 70% of the quesadillas (which was a lot), most of the blueberries and some edamame.
- Ground pork with rice – seasoned ground pork mixed in with organic white rice
- Cherry tomatoes – Sofie picked these out at a farm we went to the Friday before
- Bosch Pear – organic
Consumption: Didn’t do too well, only ate the tomatoes. Something had been bugging her the night before, maybe allergies. We were worried she had yet another cold.
- Green olive pizza – Whole foods organic pizza dough made into a mini pizza with organic mozzarella cheese, organic tomato sauce and green olives from the Whole Foods olive bar
- Gala apple – organic from our Eating with the Seasons CSA
Consumption: She ate everything but the crusts.
- Mini whole wheat bagel
- Ham – sliced thick from the deli at Whole Foods and cut into flower shapes
- Carrots – organic, cooked to soften just a little that morning
- Low-fat mozzarella cheese – organic, cut into letter shapes
- Apple – organic from our Frog Hollow Farm CSA
Consumption: She ate all the cheese and a couple bites of everything else.