A Better Lunchbox–Week11, November 2010
We spent a lovely 4 days in Napa, which kept Sofie out of school on Monday.
Monday – No school. Coming back from a long weekend in Napa.
- Quesadilla – Made that morning; organic flour tortilla, organic shredded cheese
- Red pepper – organic & local from our Eating with the Seasons CSA
- Pear – organic and local from our Frog Hollow Farm CSA
Consumption: She ate most of the quesadilla but for some unknown reason she didn’t touch the peppers or pear.
- Chicken/spinach/rice – prepared my usual way: seasoned ground chicken (thigh) sautéed with shallots and garlic, then lots of finely chopped baby spinach added and cooked for another couple minutes.
- Apple – organic and local from our Frog Hollow Farm CSA
Consumption: She ate about half of everything.
Thursday – Out sick