A Better Lunchbox – Week 15, December 13-16 2010
Last week before winter break!!
- Chicken/spinach/rice – prepared my usual way: seasoned ground chicken (thigh) sautéed with shallots and garlic, then lots of finely chopped baby spinach added and cooked for another couple minutes.
- Clementine Mandarin Orange – organic and local from our Frog Hollow Farm CSA
Consumption: She everything except for a few bites of rice.
- Avocado Maki – bought from Whole Foods the evening before
- Edamame – organic, frozen, cooked that am
- Orange – organic and local from our Frog Hollow Farm CSA
Consumption: She filled up on sushi.
- Pork chop – organic, seasoned with garlic salt and pan seared
- Whole grain bread – cut into space shapes (stars, space ship, moons…)
- Carrots – organic, cut and cooked slightly that am
- Pear – organic and local from our Frog Hollow Farm CSA
Consumption: She left a few carrots and one piece of pear.
We repeated Monday’s lunch and she ate all of it!!
Sorry no new pic, this was her last day of school before her holiday break so we were tight for time that morning getting holiday gifts ready for Sofie to hand out to her teachers. Here’s a photo of what we gave them:
Here’s the bark recipe if you’re interested! It’s easy, pretty and yummy!