A Better Lunchbox–Week 24, Feb 14 – 17
- Chicken Fingers – homemade with organic chicken breast and organic brown rice flour
- Baby Broccoli – organic and local from our veggie CSA, boiled for 2 mins
- Udon – cooked in the water used to boil the baby broccoli
- Strawberries – organic and local
Consumption: She only left one chicken finger and a little broccoli
- Pork chop – seasoned with garlic salt and pan seared with a little olive oil
- Rice balls – organic sushi rice, molded and decorated with nori cutouts
- Carrots – organic, cut into sticks (Did you know most of the nutrition in carrots is near the skin?)
- Blueberries – organic (these were from Chile…but every now and then, that’s ok)
Consumption: She ate most of everything.
Wednesday – Sofie’s 3 year doctor’s check up! No school.
- Avocado Maki – from Whole Foods
- Strawberries and Blueberries – organic
Consumption: She didn’t touch the sushi, very bizarre.
Check out every week here: A Better Lunchbox – Healthy, Sustainable and Fun