A Better Lunchbox–Week 40, Jun 6 – Jun 9 2011
- Rice balls – organic sushi rice molded into shapes and decorated with nori cut outs
- Broccoli – organic, steamed
- Pork chop – Organic, pounded thin, seasoned with garlic salt and pan seared in olive oil
- Blueberries – organic and local
Consumption: She left a few pieces of broccoli
Tuesday – stayed home.
- Organic chicken, spinach and rice – with shallots and garlic. Ground chicken seasoned with soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, a dash of garlic powder and a tiny bit of sugar.
- Blueberries – organic & local.
Consumption: She ate almost every bite.
- Homemade chicken fingers – organic chicken breast, coated with seasoned organic whole wheat flour and milk, then pan fried in olive oil
- Cucumbers and red peppers – organic, raw
- Bread – Organic, whole grain, cut into butterfly shapes
- Grapes – organic and local, from our Eating with the Seasons CSA
Consumption: She every last morsel!
Check out every week here: A Better Lunchbox – Healthy, Sustainable and Fun