A Better Lunchbox–Week 42, Jun 20 – Jun 23 2011
Last week of school! I can’t believe my little sweetie has been in school a whole year. She has grown so much, it has just been amazing to watch. Looking forward to a summer of fun and wishing you the same!
- Cream cheese and Strawberry Jam Sandwiches – organic multigrain bread, organic cream cheese, Happy Girl Kitchen’s Organic Low Sugar Strawberry Jam.
- Blueberries – organic & local
Consumption: She left a few blueberries and one bite of sandwich.
- Rice balls – organic sushi rice, molded and decorated with nori cutouts
- Broccoli – organic and local, steamed
- Pork chop – organic, seasoned with garlic salt and pan seared with a little olive oil.
- Peaches – organic & local! Love peach season!
Consumption: She left half of the broccoli.
- Organic cheese and spinach quesadilla
- Navel Orange – organic & local
Consumption: She left a few bites of quesadilla.
- Pasta – plain (it is how she likes it!)
- Baby broccoli stems – organic, steamed, she likes the stems more than the tops
- Mini hot dogs – Grass fed from a local company
- Raspberries – organic and local
Consumption: She left a few broccoli stems and a couple hot dog pieces.
Check out every week here: A Better Lunchbox – Healthy, Sustainable and Fun